Randy Barlow wrote:
> Dale wrote:
>
>> On my system hpijs was a blocker if I recall correctly.  I read
>> somewhere that hpijs was no longer being maintained and that hplip was
>> the "new thing" to use.  Not sure why tho.
>>
>> Also may be worth noting that hplip used to be a service that was
>> started as well.  /etc/init.d/hplip start used to work.  The latest
>> update got rid of the service and I guess it just runs when it is needed.
>>

> I should clarify my question a bit more.  I don't have the hpijs package
> installed.  I do have hplip.  Yet when I try to select the driver for my
> printer, hpijs is the only option of the two.  I know that hplip
> includes hpijs, but I was looking for a driver called hplip and didn't
> see it...

Did you run hp-setup?  You may want to re-emerge hplip and read the
messages there.  I may be forgetting something it said to do.

Also, check your error logs.  Should be in /var/log.  Depends on what
logger you use as to the name of it.  Mine is messages tho.

Post back what you find out from that.  May give us a clue.

Dale

:-)  :-)