If you have sata drives, and they are showing up as hdx, you have
something seriously misconfigured.  They should be showing as sdx.

Deselect everything in ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL and select the relevant boxes
in serial ATA.  Dont forget fstab will need redoing to match.

I always thought that if you select both, serial ata should take
precedence, and in some cases you can access via both, but I have at
least one machine that will only work as sata with all the older ata
stuff deselected.

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>