On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:59:04 +0100
Renat Golubchyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:21:30 +0000 Stroller
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What I thought to do was to break the .iso into a multi-part .zip
> > archive, transfer the separate files over to the Windows PC and then
> > unzip them back into the original big file using Explorer's built-in

The problem is that fat32 can't handle files that are larger than
4gb-1byte. So, will still be unable to unzip or unrar that iso image.

Unzip would just stop with an error when it reaches that limit. This
is a technical limitation of fat32 itself. There is nothing unzip or
unrar could do about this. Fat32 just can't index more than 2^32
(4294967296) bytes. It uses 32 bits to index a given file, and any
number above that (well, above 4294967295, since we start at 0) just
doesn't fit into a 32 bits word. Which means that fat32 can't handle
it.

You have many other alternatives: use ntfs or even ext3/2. I know that
there are drivers to use these filesystems on windows, I don't know
how good or bad they are, though. :)

--
Jesús Guerrero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>