On Saturday 02 Feb 2008 18:27:55 Liviu Andronic wrote:
> Basically, I would like to issue a command (restart with a certain
> grub temporary setup change), go make myself a cup of tee and come
> back and see the Windows login screen.

info grub

Look for grub-set-default.

What I've done is to add the default entry in grub.conf normally. After every
menu entry, I've added `savedefault 0'. Then when rebooting, you could issue
a `grub-set-default foo', it'll reboot into that entry without you having to
wait.

If KDE has grub support, it'll allow you to pick which entry to boot into with
the restart button.

HTH
Mrugesh Karnik
GPG Key 0xBA6F1DA8