On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 07:18:50PM -0600, Penguin Lover Dan Farrell squawked:
> > I've been waiting and waiting and waiting forever for DSL to come to
> > my neighborhood just so that I can switch to a decent provider and rid
> > myself of this nonsense.
>
> Don't assume DSL will be better.  They often block ports too (as you
> said, it's well within their service agreement to do so, but I still
> think it sucks).

With DSL, I am more likely to have a choice... (last time I checked
[about 2 years ago], Speakeasy has no port blocks and actually
encourage you running your own server on the provided static IP. I
don't know whether it is still the case.)

Verizon is no better than Cable in this regards, but it will be
cheaper (and since the most important internet application that I use
is ssh, I doubt 368K vs. 1m is a big difference anyway).

Marten:   Goddamnit Pintsize I'm trying to have a moment here!
Pintsize: Well I'm trying to have one with this cake mix!
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 431 days, 13:14