Florian Philipp skrev:
> On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 12:57 +0100, Erik wrote:
>
>> Alan McKinnon skrev:

>>> Reiser4 will probably die a quiet death now. Without Hans' vision
>>> driving it, it will probably do what it's been doing for 18 months -
>>> going nowhere.
>>>
>>> And it's highly unlikely that Linus will ever pull it into mainline. The
>>> reiser coding style is somewhat ... problematic for kernel devs
>>>
>> That would be really bad. What is going on? Who is behind that legal
>> attack on against the free world and Hans? Must be someone who wants to
>> harm us. Is there anything we can do about it?
>>
> Legal attack on Hans Reiser? Oh, you don't know the story?
>
> Okay, short version: Hans is a weird person. And now, his wife
> disappeared and the police found indications (alot) that he murdered
> her. And now all of Namesys' money is spend on defending him.

What do you mean by "Hans is a weird person."? Do you know him
personally or did you just "read it somewhere"? I only saw a video
lecture with him talking about namespaces and filesystems (he seemed
perfectly normal there at least). And I use his filesystem (reiser3.6),
which has worked perfectly for over 3 years on my laptop. How likely is
it that he would have committed such a crime? What motive would he have?

That sounds like the perfect way to harm the free software community.
Make some important person's wife disappear. Is there any organization
out there who would do something dirty to harm us if they could get away
with it? How trustworthy is the Russian police? Is the Russian legal
system working satisfactory?