2008/2/16, Iain Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 13:13 -0200, Alejandro Bednarik wrote:
> > 2008/2/14, Iain Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> [snip]

> > > not quite sure what "/dev/null >&" would do.  I tried this with
> > > net.eth0:
> > > sudo /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart >/dev/null
> > >
> > > and it got rid of all the output.  To be sure, you could add 2>&1
> > > sudo /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart >/dev/null 2>&1
>
> [snip]
>
> > This is my tty1 after i start Networkmanager (not net.eth0, which are
> > different services)
>
> yes, I know :)  I was just using net.eth0 as an example because I was
> too lazy to install networkmanager and see for myself!
>
> >  and connect to a wireless network. The same happend when
> > i bootup my system. I need my tty's to work and plus all thi info is odd
> and
> > useless
>
> [snip]
>
> > Cheers, and thank for help us!
>
> Did you try my suggestion?
>
> > > sudo /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart >/dev/null 2>&1
>
> did it help? (substitute net.eth0 with NetworkManager ;)
>
> It looks like all the output comes from this line in the init script
> (again, only looking in the source, so YMMV)
>         start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --exec ${processname}
>
> try adding
> >/dev/null 2>&1
> to the end of it.
>
> HTH,
> --
> Iain Buchanan <iaindb at netspace dot net dot au>
>
> Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence.  It settles
> everything.
> Some think it is the voice of God.
>                 -- Mark Twain
>
> --

Hi!
about sudo /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart >/dev/null 2>&1 I tried this before
send this email, but the NetworkManager logs <info> and <debug> in the tty1
anyway, the only change is that i don't see any output in the terminal i run
the command.
about start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --exec ${processname} yes, i also
tried your suggestion before send the email, but with the same bad result.
I not sure but for me, the parameter console=tty1 i have in the the kernel
line i use in grub have something to do (i use fbsplash and fbcondecor), but
is not the only reason, i check sabayon linux which use NetworkManager,
fbsplash and fbconvecor just like the way i do, but NM don't do the same.

Many thanks for your help!
Cheers!