Grant wrote:
I actually don't have a mynetworks statement in main.cf at all and I
send from squirrelmail all over the place.

I won't be able to specify a single IP for my laptop.  Can I allow
authenticated users to send?

You connect to squirrelmail from many different IPs via HTTP, but squirrelmain only calls SMTP from the localhost IP, 127.0.0.1. So add the default mynetworks back in if you want Squirrelmail to be able to send at all. And quit trying out poorly thought out security tricks in Postfix if you don't know what you're doing.

Once that is fixed you can start looking at why you can't authenticate. I'm going to guess that you haven't bothered to setup smtp authentication via sasl yet.

kashani