> > I actually don't have a mynetworks statement in main.cf at all and I
> > send from squirrelmail all over the place.
> >
> > I won't be able to specify a single IP for my laptop.  Can I allow
> > authenticated users to send?
>
> You connect to squirrelmail from many different IPs via HTTP, but
> squirrelmain only calls SMTP from the localhost IP, 127.0.0.1. So add
> the default mynetworks back in if you want Squirrelmail to be able to
> send at all. And quit trying out poorly thought out security tricks in
> Postfix if you don't know what you're doing.

I haven't removed the mynetworks statement.  It was never there.
Could it be somewhere other than main.cf and master.cf?  Maybe
127.0.0.1 is the default.  I can send from squirrelmail just fine as
always.  Admittedly "all over the place" was a bad choice of words.

> Once that is fixed you can start looking at why you can't authenticate.
> I'm going to guess that you haven't bothered to setup smtp
> authentication via sasl yet.

I didn't realize I wasn't authenticating.  I'm working on sasl now.

- Grant