On Monday 03 March 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> On Monday 03 March 2008, Stroller wrote:

> > > all technical support-related issues
> > >
> > > Ok, not that it changes much... :-)
> >
> > Noooo! It changes EVERYTHING!!
> >
> > "Issue" is word to describe an individual periodical in a series of
> > publications, and is a weasel-word when it's used as a synonym for
> > "problem".
>
> You are argueing about the English translation of a Spanish word, done
> by someone that most probably isn't a certified translator. The word
> at issue (please excuse the pun) isn't "issues" but the Spanish
> word "temas" - and I doubt it can be described as a weasel-word in
> this context.

Depending on the particular discipline context "issue" can also mean a risk
that has now been realised/manifested;  the familiar "oh sh*t!" moment, e.g.
when you realised that rm -Rf / was not what you meant to have entered . . .
before that moment you had a risk, afterwards an "issue".

For the avoidance of doubt I suggest that we check what ISO 9001 defines the
term "issue" as.  ;-)
--
Regards,
Mick