On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 11:51 +0000, Graham Murray wrote:
> Peter Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > It's another euphemism progress, like water-closet > lavatory > bathroom >
> > rest-room etc. (I've probably missed some links in that chain). Someone
> > dislikes an aspect of the original word - "fault" in this case - and
> > euphemises it to "problem", then that becomes tainted with the original
> > association and it gets downgraded again to "issue". Anyone want to
> > speculate what will come next?
>
> It already has. I have heard bugs and unexpected behaviour referred to
> as 'features'.

that's been a long standing joke "it's not a bug, it's a feature".  We
use it all the time (but not to customers).

What really comes next is: Ticket.

That's right, you no longer have a bug, problem, or issue.  You just
have a ticket number.  Your email has automatically been assigned the
ticket number 12345...

If I love you, what business is it of yours?
                -- Johann van Goethe