On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 10:00 +0000, Gavin Seddon wrote:
> Hi ctorrent produced the trilogy in mkv format, as far as I can tell
> this needs modifying before I can burn.  What's the best way todo this pls?
> GAVIN

I suppose you want to create a video DVD (Mpeg2), or do you want a divx
DVD?

In any case, you could use mencoder (media-video/mplayer). However, for
a beginner it might be hard to use. Here's its documentation, including
advisories for creating DVD-player-compatible files. Never done that
myself.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/index.html

Alternatives: VLC, probably others like videotrans and tovid. Never
tried them myself.