Hi,

Welcome to the club :)
I'm sucking with iwlwifi with the same environment like yours.
Without success.

2008. 03. 10, hétfő keltezéssel 21.37-kor Sergey Kobzar ezt írta:
> I have iwl3945 card:

> Unfortunately I can't emerge iwlwifi (but maybe it's not required?):

iwlwifi is included in the latest kernel (2.6.24.x).
Check your kernel config.
I will send you my config file for the same kernel version in a private mail.

> But can't get wpa_supplicant working.

Sorry, I also haven't got solution for this.

I can see some APs around me, but I cannot connect to them.
I tried with Wlassistant, the result is above.

I cannot setup the mode. Really weird and I get hate this bloody wifi
card. Ok, I guess, this is my fault, but I cannot find solution using
google.

Cheers,
István

PS: wlasssistant log:

# wlassistant
kbuildsycoca running...
Loaded application options.
All interfaces: eth1, wlan0, wmaster0_rename
Wireless interface(s): wlan0
Permissions checked.
DHCP Client: dhcpcd
All executables found.
scan: /sbin/iwlist wlan0 scan
Networks found: 2
ACTION: CONNECT.
No DHCP client running.
No pre-connection command specified.
iwconfig_set: /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 mode managed channel 9 key off essid
default
==>stderr: Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Device or resource busy.
iwconfig_ap: /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 ap 00:0E:2E:70:3A:17
ifconfig_dhcp: /sbin/dhcpcd -nd wlan0
==>stderr: err, wlan0: timed out
err, wlan0: lease information file `/var/lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-wlan0.info'
does not exist
warn, wlan0: using IPV4LL address 169.254.215.212
Running DHCP client found.
kill_dhcp: /sbin/dhcpcd -k wlan0
CONNECTION FAILED.
disconnect: /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 mode managed key off ap off essid off
==>stderr: Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Device or resource busy.
Application options saved.
Kernel socket closed.

--
BSA. Mert megérdemlitek.