On Tuesday 11 March 2008 10:49:02 Pongracz Istvan wrote:

> I realized, some kernel modules were unloaded.
> Maybe I only have to load all the required kernel modules, such as:
>
> ieee80211.ko
> ieee80211_crypt.ko
> ieee80211_crypt_ccmp.ko
> ieee80211_crypt_tkip.ko
> ieee80211_crypt_wep.ko

After Jan's helpful contribution I got my wifi working, and I don't have any
of those modules loaded, nor are they compiled into the kernel. You may not
have the right kernel setup. In particular, I think you want "Networking >
Wireless > Generic IEEE 802.11 Networking Stack (mac80211)" in preference
to the one without "mac80211" in it, which is older.

I assume you've selected the right wireless device driver, but in case it
helps here's what I have: "Device Drivers > Network device support >
Wireless LAN > Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11)" and (in the same menu) "Intel
Wireless WiFi Link Drivers" and the 3945 module.

(I should perhaps say this is a Thinkpad T61 with the Intel 3945ABG
chipset.)

--
Rgds
Peter