On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:34:57 +0000 (UTC)
James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> AMD is my soul_mate....(particularly since they are open sourcing new
> ATI video drivers...)

As far as I know, and unless something changed, that's inaccurate.

They haven't released any code at all. They have released *some*
specifications for some graphics chips.

They started releasing the register specs for some cards. Recently,
they released the 3d specs, only for r500 chips as far as I know.
It's better than nothing of course... But it far far far from open
sourcing the drivers or releasing the whole specifications for every
card.

I would be glad to be wrong though. I must admit that I don't follow
too closely the thing, so, any info to probe me wrong is more than
welcome.

Regards.
--
Jesús Guerrero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>