Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:17:07 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

    > when i restart sshd I get PRNG is not seeded
    >
    > # /etc/init.d/sshd restart
    > PRNG is not seeded

    Does /dev/urandom exist? What are it's permissions?

    --
    Neil Bothwick

    Never eat more than you can lift.

Hi

Thanks for the clue,

Both the files /dev/random and /dev/urandom are missing in my system.

How do i go ahead in fixing this issue

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

I just noticed this on mine. Do you have the service urandom in the boot runlevel?
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / # eselect rc list boot
Init scripts to be started by runlevel boot
 bootmisc
 checkfs
 checkroot
 clock
 consolefont
 hostname
 keymaps
 localmount
 modules
 net.lo
 rmnologin
 serial
 urandom
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / #

That may help. If it is there, try restarting it and see if you get any errors. Make sure you don't have anything important running just in case it stops other services when restarting this service.

Dale