Dale writes:

> Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> > Both the files /dev/random and /dev/urandom are missing in my system.
> >
> > How do i go ahead in fixing this issue
> >
> > Thanks and Regards
> >
> > Kaushal
>
> I just noticed this on mine.  Do you have the service urandom in the
> boot runlevel?

Looking at the init script it seems like if the character
device /dev/urandom does not exist, it exits directly.

Does anyone know what exactly creates these device nodes and why it could
fail?
You could try to create them manually, but I doubt that this helps:
  mknod /dev/random  c 1 8
  mknod /dev/urandom c 1 9

Kayshal, do you remember doing anything spoecial before this happened?
Booting a new kernel, updating things like hotplug / udev stuff?

        Wonko