Hello everyone,

Although perfectly aware that this is a much subjective business, I am
looking for "best" fonts, and would much appreciate your sharing of
personal choices. This Wiki article [1] has some insight, but not
sufficient to satisfy my quest.

For best printed output I have settled for either Computer Modern or
Palatino, through LyX (LaTeX). For Terminal I am quite happy with
Terminus. But I am not very satisfied with the User Interface font. I
am currently using Verdana size 8, under Xfce, with anti-aliasing
enabled. However, I would much like to use a high-quality LCD display
font, that would look good with anti-aliasing disabled (I already have
-bindist for media-libs/freetype).

So, what font do you use for the User Interface?

Thank you in advance,
Liviu

[1] http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Xorg_and_Fonts#Emerging_the_necessary_packages