Hello Johan,

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Johan Blåbäck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  So what I suggest could be the problem is that I got my kernel wrong,
>  since it seem to emulate Logitech instead of synaptics. But I don't
>  know if that is the problem, or how I fix it. (I have all the kernel
>  options that the gentoo-wiki synaptics-how-to recommends.)

After running all the tests suggested in this thread (including kernel
configuration, make.conf, tpconfig, /proc/bus/input/devices), I find
myself in pretty much the same situations as you are.

Today, when re-compiling the kernel, I found this link [1] to the
synaptics project, suggesting troubleshooting methods. Looking at
their Changelog [2], synaptics [3] looks kinda dropped out of
maintainance; the latest version "Made the driver work with xorg 7.1".
If you're on 7.3, like I am, who knows whether it works. A last
suggestion, try upgrading synaptics to the last unstable version,
update the config files and cross your fingers.

Regards,
Liviu

[1] http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/trouble-shooting.txt
[2] http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/files/changes.txt