On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 21:16 +0100, Johan Blåbäck wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Johan Blåbäck
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:53 AM, Iain Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  >
> >  >  I don't think your /proc/bus/input/devices looks quite right - are you
> >  >  sure this isn't a pointer stick or something?  What's the complete file
> >  >  look like?
> >
> >  I'm not familar with the term "pointer stick".

a pointer stick is a stupid little button-like think in the middle of
your keyboard (usually at the intersection of the g, b, and h keys).
You push it in a direction, and the mouse starts moving in that
direction.  They were popular before touchpads were standard.  Anyway,
if you don't have one, then good!

> This is my complete /proc/bus/input/devices:

ok.  Are you sure it's a synaptics touchpad?  Otherwise I'm out of
ideas, sorry...

The attacker must vanquish; the defender need only survive.