On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Francesco Talamona <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Saturday 19 April 2008, Mark Knecht wrote:
>  > [ebuild     U ] sys-apps/coreutils-6.10-r1 [6.9-r1] USE="acl nls
>  > (-selinux) -static -vanilla% -xattr" 3,670 kB
>  > [blocks B     ] sys-apps/mktemp (is blocking
>  > sys-apps/coreutils-6.10-r1) [blocks B     ] >=sys-apps/coreutils-6.10
>  > (is blocking sys-apps/mktemp-1.5)
>
>  You are just another victim, search this list for the last week posts
>  for the recovery details. Basically you have to use install disc to
>  copy all the "core utils" now missing. Once recovered you are again
>  able to emerge coreutils
>
>  The explanation of the message above is: coreutils is going to upgrade
>  from version 6.9-r1 to 6.10-r1, the latter (and other versions above)
>  includes mktemp, so to avoid conflicts it is required to uninstall
>  mktemp, now provided elsewhere.
>
>  HTH
>         Francesco

And unfortunately I chose to uninstall coreutils rather than mktemp
which caused the problems. Thanks.

It doesn't seem the link to the Walter Dnes doesn't give the answer
but suggests like you do that there is an answer out there. I'll see
if I can find the instructions on how to copy the correct stuff.

Thanks,
Mark