Stroller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wrote that the *thread* - digressing from useful discussion about
> software tools and into religion - was pissing me off.

This is why I tried not to answer your first question. I know that this usually
happens and try to avoid it.

> I asked because I wanted to hear your point of view and your reason
> (for changing license to CDDL). This is not very obvious when
> searching the web, and the reason given on your website (which I only
> found after asking the question) is somewhat vague.
>
> Why is the CDDL "more free" and why do you particularly like it?

Well, the information is in the cdrtools FAQ and parts are in the Sun CDDL FAQ.

> When I searched the web I rather expected to find loads of mailing-
> list posts, blog entries and other articles and that half of them
> would announce what a rotter you are, the other half how poor old
> Joerg has been stitched up. But it is NOT so obvious from Googling.

Charity is what you get for free, enviousness is something you need to earn ;-)

You get this kind of enemies if you get a certain degree of familarity.

> As I told you already I might quite aggressively support your
> software if you would just make the effort to convince me. No one
> else on this list mistook my question for antagonism. I deliberately
> tried to be polite and tactful when asking you, and it did me no good
> at all! Frankly, therefore, I can see why everyone is "against you"
> if you insist on misconstruing an innocent question as an attack. If
> my example is anything to go by then I can only assume that the whole
> Debian and Bloch fiasco is the result of your own over-reaction
> (sorry to be so honest about how I see things!).

This is obviously a missinterpretation of the facts.

What people with english mothertonge believe is a courtesy, is usually
seen as a underlying attack by Germans. Try to just be direct and there will
be less missunderstanding.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)