Will the package itself be removed at some point? And if so, I'm assuming Portage will take care of killing it from my system at that point?
At 01:26 AM 03/07/2008, you wrote:
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:05 PM, James Homuth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I went to run emerge update, and it threw this curious little block loop at
> me. "emerge --pretend --quiet --update --deep world" produces:
> [blocks B     ] sys-apps/mktemp (is blocking sys-apps/coreutils-6.10-r2)
> [blocks B     ] >=sys-apps/coreutils-6.10 (is blocking sys-apps/mktemp-1.5)
>
> Anyone else having this particular problem? Is it a compatibility issue with > either coreutils or mktemp? I'm assuming removing the one will eliminate it,
> but if it's a needed package I'd rather not chance it. Any info on this one
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> James
>
> --

Yes, I've had this problem and I am sure many others did too...mktemp
was a seperate package, but is now included in coreutils. All you have
to do is emerge -C mktemp and then update to the new version of
coreutils. I've done this on at least 3 comps, so it should work for
you with no problems for you.