Daniel Pielmeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Joerg Schilling schrieb:
> > Daniel Pielmeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> So you successfully unmerged cdrkit, dvd+rw-tools and kino. The
> >> installation of cdrtools fails because of a broken symlink. I guess the
> >> /usr/include/scsilib/scg symlink to usr/include/scsilib/usal has not
> >> been removed with cdrkit and is now broken and the cdrtools installation
> >> can not overwrite the link. If the output is really red it is indeed a
> >> broken symlink and you can safely remove it, then try to install
> >> cdrtools again or use the proposed commands.
> >
> > Mmmm, cdrtools may create a directory /usr/include/scg/ but the text
> > /scsilib/
> > is nowhere in cdrtools.
>
> In Gentoo scg is installed under /usr/include/scsilib
>
> Here a snippet from the ebuild:
>
> insinto /usr/include/scsilib/scg
> doins include/scg/*.h
>
> /usr/include/scsilib/scg -> /usr/include/scsilib/usal is a symlink used
> by cdrkit. It was not removed when the package manager uninstalled
> cdrkit. At least I think so, as this does not happen here but maybe with
> older versions I don't use.

This is a really bad idea.

/usr/include/scg/ is a planned directory that is known to be unique.

cdrkit does not deliver anything that is even approximately useful as a
replacement for libscg.

Installing the includefiles from libscg into /usr/include/scsilib/scg makes them
unusable as there is no software that is aware of this location. It seems that
the only result is that it makes it harder to install cdrtools instread of
cdrkit.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)