Joerg Schilling wrote:
Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

/usr/bin/mkisofs: Warning: Cannot write inode/link information with -no-cache-inodes.
Setting input-charset to 'ISO-8859-1' from locale.
  0.05% done, estimate finish Mon Jul 14 17:09:09 2008
If you explicitly tell mkisofs to do something unreasonable, you should be prepared for any results.
I didn't tell it tho, k3b did.
Using -no-cache-inodes is a really bad idea!

With -praft-points, you may cause many strange things.
I'll see if I can force k3b to change those settings. I think I saw them in the custom command part.
2.01.01a34 is nearly a year old, you should use a recent version.

If -no-cache-inodes canot be changed, make a bug report.

graft points are different. If done correctly, everything works as expected.
Unfortunately, the command line used by k3b is not verificable as the important information is hidden inside files.

Did you try to mount the DVD on Solaris and this way verify that the problem is not in the Linux kernel?

Jörg

I don't have anything that runs Solaris so I am not able to test with it.

You could just boot a life CD and run the test. It is important to have a verification firrst on where the problem is located. I did never see your problem with wrong dir permissions on Solaris.
Jörg

To make sure I get what you are saying, you want me to boot a live CD and see if I can access it? If so, I'm sure that would work since I would be root. It works as root just not as a user. Am I thinking correctly? Sometimes I'm off in left field.
Dale

:-)  :-)