Joerg Schilling wrote:
Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Joerg Schilling wrote:

Just to be sure: did you mount Rock Ridge or did you mount UDF?

Jörg

/dev/hdd on /media/portage_2008.07.10-14.27.04_1 type udf (ro,nosuid,nodev,uid=1000)

Is that correct? There is no fstab entry since someone said it was not needed nowadays.

OK, now try a plain Rock Ridge mount....

Jörg

LOL. Since there is no fstab entry, you will have to enlighten me a bit. How do I tell hal to mount it that way instead of udf?

Hmmm, guess I could turn off hal and try manually. BRB This is odd.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / # cat /proc/filesystems
nodev   sysfs
nodev   rootfs
nodev   bdev
nodev   proc
nodev   binfmt_misc
nodev   sockfs
nodev   usbfs
nodev   pipefs
nodev   anon_inodefs
nodev   futexfs
nodev   tmpfs
nodev   inotifyfs
nodev   devpts
       reiserfs
       ext3
       ext4dev
       ext2
nodev   ramfs
       msdos
       vfat
       iso9660
nodev   nfs
nodev   nfsd
       ntfs
nodev   autofs
       udf
       xfs
nodev   mqueue
nodev   rpc_pipefs
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / # I don't seem to have a Rock Ridge. I couldn't find it in the kernel config to enable it and equery doesn't list one either. Where does it come from exactly?

Going to try to disable Rock Ridge in k3b and see what blows up.

Dale