Daniel Pielmeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> By the way would you recommend those commands for creating dvd-video
> material, or should there be something changed. I mean it should be most
> compatible. Playable on PC and standalone players and different
> operating systems.
>
> Iso creation:
> mkisofs -dvd-video -UDF -R -iso-level 1 -v -volid DVD_VIDEO -sysid LINUX
> -input-charset utf-8 -o ../dvd-video.iso ./

Why do you like to do things like: -sysid LINUX that are default?

Why do you use things like: -input-charset utf-8 which is may be wrong
and which is by default handled correctly by mkisofs?

Why do you like to use iso level 1?

> Burning:
> cdrecord dev=0,1,0 speed=8 driveropts=burnfree fs=16m -sao -eject -v
> dvd-video.iso

If you only have one drive, you may omit the dev= parameter.
Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)