Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
Dale wrote:
Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
Dale wrote:
[...]
Question, if I were to label mine and then boot from a Gentoo or any other bootable CD, would those labels still be there?

The labels are part of the file system; they're always there. For example, when booting the 2007.0 LiveDVD (which uses the legacy drivers, meaning /dev/hd* instead of /dev/sd*) the labels are there and I can mount /dev/disk/by-label/GentooRoot just fine.

Keeeewl.  Now to see what I can screw up.  o_O

I should mention here the old Indian* saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

*OK, it's not Indian, but you get the idea.

True but I have trouble remembering which partition is home and which is portage, until I mount them anyway. It's obvious then. I guess according to another reply that I will have to use something else for resierfs. I guess it can't hurt to much. Worst thing is to have to boot and edit fstab back to the old way. :/

Dale

:-) :-)