Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
Dale schrieb:

Just to add something from experience, if you plan to use XFS, make sure
you have a UPS.  XFS, at least in my experience, does not like power
failures.

Not my experience, though. Never had any problems with XFS due to power failure.

Bye...

        Dirk

BTW: No need to quote everything.

There may have been improvements in the past couple years but I had Mandriva installed with XFS and 2 out of 2 installs died after a power failure. I have read of others having the same thing to happen to them. I switched back to ext3 and reiserfs and they seem to handle power failures better at least. Just that little fs check at next boot up.

Your mileage may vary tho.

Dale

:-) :-)