Mick wrote:
On Monday 21 July 2008, Neil Walker wrote:
Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
Not my experience, though. Never had any problems with XFS due to power
failure.
Nor mine. I have machines with ext3 and reiserfs here. There is also one
with xfs. Recently, I had problems with an over-sensitive breaker
tripping at irregular intervals. The only machine that didn't have fs
problems as a result was the one with xfs. ;)

Just over two years ago or so, /usr/portage on xfs, battery ran out on laptop. The partition was borked (twice). The remaining reiserfs partitions were totally unharmed on both occasions and a few more since. It seems that YMMV.

What is funny, I think I was reading about these power failure issues on this list a couple years ago. It may have been corrected since and from what I read it is a excellent fs if you never have a crash. I think any fs can have problems depending on the hardware and other variables. So 'your mileage may vary' could hit the nail on the head.

Dale

:-)  :-)