Dale wrote:
> Since KDE 4 is still masked, I would think you could remove the keyword
> and unmask files then do a --depclean.  I would also do a -p with that
> just in case.
>
> It's just a thought.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

Ah, that triggered a memory and with a little checking found a problem.
 When kde-portage overlay was used, I had added a symlink:

package.unmask # ls -l
total 8
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 77 2008-08-31 18:00 kdesvn ->
/usr/portage/local/layman/kdesvn-portage/Documentation/portage/package.unmask

which is no longer available in kde-testing overlay:

package.unmask # ls /usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing/Documentation/
kde-guide.xml  package.keywords  README  TODO

Same for package.keywords

Off to try to discover what it's all been changed to...

Thank you,
Roy