On Sunday 19 October 2008 19:32:42 Alex Schuster wrote:
> Alan McKinnon writes:
> > Repost the output of your emerge command using the "-t" option.
> >
> > Tip: tricky blockers often require that you post the output of 'emerge
> > -t'. Otherwise all we know is THAT you have a block and no way to
> > determine WHY it's happening. If you are going to post emerge output,
> > it's a excellent habit to do it with "-t"
>
> I had the same experience as Peter. Looks like it's PyQt. I have it in
> world, no idea why, maybe I forgot the -1 switch once. Anyway, equery
> also lists it as a dependency of amarok-1.4.10 (when the python use flag
> is set). And it's another dependency of qscintilla-python, when the qt4
> use flag is not set (for me, it is).

That sounds familiar. I had some issue with PyQt recently. I've also had many
issues with many packages recently, so I forget the details very quickly.

> I do not know how to solve this, but did not yet try hard to do so. I'm
> installing KDE 4.1 on a remote machine I do not have physical access to
> yet, so it's no showstopper for me. Yet :)

I main underlying reason seems to be that Qt now comes as split-ebuilds and
Peter has some monolithic ones installed. It's similar to migrating KDE to
split-ebuilds, but on a much smaller scale. Unfortunately there's no easy way
to automate this in an ebuild, that would require several new unrelated
packages replacing one big one, portage doesn't support that kind of thing.
So one has to do it manually, and deal with the resulting recdep-rebuild
issues as well ....

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com