Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
On Sonntag 26 Oktober 2008, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
On Samstag 25 Oktober 2008, Nick Stinemates wrote:
On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 01:34:36PM +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
my dhcpd reports the right mac adress (when I try it), so it must be
your fault ;)
Could it be a /etc/conf.d/net issue? Mind pasting yours?
yes, because I have a static ip. But it is the usual

config_eth0="... netmask 255.255.255.0"
routes_eth0="default via ..."
gateways_eth0="..."

so nothing special there.
If you have a static IP what do you need a dhcp daemon for? :P

I don't need it. But in our network most people use windows - and don't know anything about computers. So they get their static ip assigned by dhcp. Once in a while the server chokes - and that is one of the many reasons why I usually don't use dhcp. There are a lot better ones, but if you really need to know the details, ask off-list ;)

Anyway, maybe it's not a dhcp problem but originates further down the stack. Not sure what I'm looking for though :P