On 11/20/08, Nikos Chantziaras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I upgraded to kernel 2.6.27 (gentoo-sources-2.6.27-r3) yesterday.  Today I
> experienced random segfaults during an emerge (twice during emerging
> mozilla-thunderbird; one time "as" (assembler) segfaulted, on the second try
> python segfaulted at the end of the emerge).
>
> Anyone noticing something similar?  I'm reverting back to 2.6.26 for now.

You do not see these segfaults on 2.6.26, right? When I had the symptoms you
described, it turned out that my RAM voltage needed to be raised in the
BIOS. Do you run the proprietary nvidia-drivers? If you don't, run any
software that taints the kernel, I'd file a bug with upstream kernel people:
http://bugzilla.kernel.org/