On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:47:24 +0200, Thanasis wrote:

> Yesterday, I tried upgrading from gentoo-sources-2.6.25-r9 to
> 2.6.26-r3, but the new kernel can not mount the root filesystem,
> because it's on a RAID1 on an SIL680 controller.
> In the previous kernel I had  CONFIG_PATA_SIL680=y , but in the new
> .config I cannot find any PATA.
>
> # grep -i pata .config
> (gives nothing)

Grepping .config is a bad way of looking for options. If option A
disables B, A will appear as not set and B will not be mentioned. The
proper way is to use the / key to search in make menuconfig, which will
show you that you need ATA_SFF enabled to see many of the PATA and SATA
drivers now.

--
Neil Bothwick

Planet 98% full! Delete Windows users? (Y/y)