On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 8:59 AM, damian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a couple of problems only with proprietary software: real movie
> videos and flash.
>
>> The applications are:
>> - Flash
> Sometimed the nspluginviewer eats the 100% of the CPU. Most of the
> time it works great, but it's quite annoying.

They recently released a 64-bit version of Flash plugin for Linux. I
unmerged the nspluginwrapper and unmasked the latest flash plugin and
it's working beautifully since. It hasn't crashed/frozen once.

>> - mplayer
> I cannot see real movie videos. I don't have many of them (actually
> just a documentary) so I don't try very hard to find a solution.

I think all real-related stuff was removed from portage recently.
There's a thread on the gentoo forums with explanation of why and
instructions how to unmask it if you'd like to get it back.

Paul