pat a écrit :
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:59:00 +0100, pat wrote
Hello,

I've bought a new laptop with Core 2 Duo processor which is 64 bit. My question is if applications (see below) compiled and running over 64 bits are stable enough or if I should compile for 32 bits.

The applications are:
- Seamoneky/Firefox
- Java
- Flash
- Audacious
- mplayer
- VirtualBox/VMware
- Qemu
- Kerberos/OpenLDAP/OpenSSH (for these I think they are stable)
- X.org/fluxbox
- system suspending

I have 4GB RAM and I know better is to compile for 64 bits, but for me is more important stability.

Thanks a lot

     Pat

Thanks for all advices. I'm going to try amd64 and I'll see :-D

Thanks

     Pat

I'm using Gentoo AMD64 since at least 2 years.
I have no issue just few details:
- usually you don't have latest stable versions on x86 you might use the precedent one or unmask the package. - you might install firefox 32 for flashplayer (i tried with the wrapper not buildable yet).

For the rest everything is ok ^^