On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Harry Putnam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Harry Putnam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> I've posted two  horribly long configs here:
>>
>>   http://www.jtan.com/~/reader/massive/
>
> Sorry.. I screwed up the url.  It should be:
>
>   http://www.jtan.com/~reader/massive/
>
>   (no leading diag line before `reader')
>
> The page lists both the working 2.6.24-r8 working config
> and the 2.6.27-r5 non-working
>
> I hope someone with a similar vmware running gentoo on winXP can see what
> I've left out.  Or maybe just supply a working config for 2.6.27*.

I will be no real help but I run the rt-sources kernel from the
pro-audio overlay. (Not vmware - just a normal Gentoo machine) I have
run a 2.6.24-rt version for a long time and it runs great. I recently
tried the 2.6.27-rt version and I had to give up on it. It has
problems for me on a normal box. I haven't paid any attention to
what's going on with the kernel recently but I had to drop 2.6.26 and
2.6.26 in favor of 2.6.24.

- Mark