On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way to capture a flash video like the one shown in this link?
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/05/60minutes/main4650223.shtml
>
> or this?
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4653109n
>
> Unlike e.g. youtube I don't find a Flash file in my /tmp.  The idea is that I
> want to be able to save the video on my drive so that I can watch it when I
> am offline.  Any applications/tricks/ideas?

CBS looks to be streaming from a Flash Media Server on port 1935
(http://www.adobe.com/products/flashcom/) rather than just downloading
a static FLV file over http like Youtube etc. do, so I think you're
out of luck there unless there are some specialized tools to do that.

For MOST sites, like YouTube, you can use the Firebug add-on for
Firefox which includes a network monitor that will show you the exact
URL (and let you right-click to download) of anything that any page
loads.