On 22 Dec 2008, at 01:06, Mark David Dumlao wrote:

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com > wrote:
Am I the only one here that sees this is a stupid and completely irrelevant thread? HTML mail is like farting when you meet the Queen - you just don't do it. There isn't a rule about it, it's not an exam question and there never was a formal process that came up with it. But if you do start raising one cheek to split the crack and let rip, the butler might come along nicely and ask you not to. At which point you should say "um, gee, thanks, I didn't know
that..."

That was a really dumb analogy. It conveniently ignores the problem
and blows the situation out of proportion. ...

It's a perfect analogy. You were in breach of etiquette. YOU are blowing the situation out of proportion.

Stroller.