On 22 Dec 2008, at 12:59, b.n. wrote:
I don't know what you mean by using the adjective "cold" in relation to
the communication error that your mailer posts HTML by default. You
should file an upstream bug about that with whomever supplies it.

Why is posting HTML mail a bug? I don't like HTML mail and I try to
avoid it as much as possible, but there is nothing intrinsically "wrong"
in HTML mail.

It's a bug because it annoys people. It only tends to annoy me when the sender has set the text to a size which is unreadable or intrusive on my monitor (a size which is undoubtedly perfect on the sender's 800x600 monitor), but it appears to annoy other people more. That there's scope for us to have this discussion demonstrates that it's simply better to post plain-text to mailing lists. Mailers should default to plain text unless the user explicitly chooses otherwise.

Stroller.