Mick wrote:
On Sunday 04 January 2009, Graham Murray wrote:
Willie Wong <ww...@princeton.edu> writes:
Before I file a bug, I want to see if this is reproducible by others:

After I boot into the console, if I type anything and then hit <tab>
for the bash completion, it gives an error
  -bash: _filedir: command not found
The weird thing is that if I start X and try the same in an aterm, the
tab completion works as expected.

I am currently on bash-completion-20081218, does anyone else have the
same problem?
I only saw the problem with vim, and then only for user root as a normal
user it worked fine. So I disabled bash completion for vim.

Check your relevant ~/.bashrc for this:

##uncomment the following to activate bash-completion:
#[ -f /etc/profile.d/bash-completion ] && \ source /etc/profile.d/bash-completion

There's not such entry in my .bashrc.