2009/2/25 Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk>

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:11:38 +0100, Momesso Andrea wrote:
>
> > > No, but they are stable, and required for sets as the OP wanted.
>
> > Doesn't look really stable:
> >
> > # Zac Medico <zmed...@gentoo.org> (05 Jan 2009)
> > # Portage 2.2 is masked due to known bugs in the
> > # package sets and preserve-libs features.
> > >=sys-apps/portage-2.2_pre
>
> That depends on the severity of the known bugs, and the likelihood of
> meeting them. The only real bug I've had is that I had to emerge
> @preserved-rebuild several times, after one update, before it would go
> away. A waste of CPU cycles but hardly a stability threat.
>

> --
> Neil Bothwick
>
> Top Oxymorons Number 12: Plastic glasses

 I just upgraded to the latatest portage version rc23 or similar. Added the
set file linked in the KDE 4.x guide in /etc/portage/sets/kde. also unmasked
all the packes also linked in the same guide I see a set called kde, but
still i can't install kde because i get blocks and non-existant sets... so
better i will wait to instll kde and also use the new version of portage.