On 04/06/09 21:07, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 10:35:56 -0600, Joseph wrote:

Well, according to gentoo recommendations it is not so:
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Safe_Cflags

Information on gentoo-wiki.com is not a Gentoo recomendation. Look at
docs.gentoo.org for those.

--
Neil Bothwick

If you have look for it more carefully you would have found similar
recommendation on the official gentoo pages:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/distcc.xml
I think the above page qualify as an official doc. isn't it?
"...-march=native

Starting with GCC 4.3.0, the compiler supports the -march=native switch which turns on CPU autodetection and optimizations that are worth being enabled on the processor the GCC is running at..."

So reading it, it seems to me the "-march=native" is recommended as well.

--
Joseph