On 04/06/09 22:00, Jorge Morais wrote:
On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 00:02:21 -0600

I just notice that there is a problem with CFLAGS -march=native on AMD64
I recompile my system using this new flag and have a lot of problems. an examples new xorg-server-1.5... would not compile, I switch back to my previous settings:
-march=athlon64 and it compiled on first pass.
So, now I'm recompiling the system with my old flag: -march=athlon64 :-/

Have you filed a bug?
Since in a later message you say that you are not sure of whether you
should use -march=k8 or -march=k8-sse3, it seems that in your situation
-march=native is interesting.

I'm not sure of anything, I'm getting deeper an deeper problems.
I've almost recompile the system with -march=k8 and the last package gcc-4.3.2 wouldn't compile, the session got stuck so I kill the session and couldn't start the restart the "emerge gcc" as the emerge from previous session lock the portage or gcc. I boot from CD, chroot and tried to recompile the gcc but it has been compiling for over two hours and it can not finish, I think it is in some kind of loop mode?

--
Joseph