Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Dale wrote:
>> [...]
>> Yea, one of those lines disables hal tho which I think is the whole
>> point of this upgrade.
>
> HAL is a very minor thing in this update.  But with an old kernel,
> well, I can only see problems in the long run.  Especially since
> you're using outdated DRM kernel drivers.  If I were you, I would try
> to sort out your IDE kernel problem.  Google a lot about your chipset
> and the two different drivers for it (legacy IDE drivers vs new libata
> drivers).

I do plan to do this.  I think I made some progress a while back.  I
think I got it to boot but then ran into other issues.  It's been a
while.  I been sick, my Mom has been sick so I don't really have a lot
of time to spend on this right now.  Not to mention having to pull the
plug on my rig.  That really left a bad taste in my mouth.

I guess I need to sort out the kernel first then fiddle with xorg again,
someday.

Dale

:-)  :-)