Am Dienstag 05 Mai 2009 22:32:38 schrieb Steve:
> I've a gentoo box sat behind a firewall - it runs a apache and sshd with
> holes punched through NAT to allow remote access.  It runs DHCP and DNS
> services for my LAN.
>
> I would like to run a second instance of apache on a fresh IP address -
> to simulate a hosted environment supporting https.  I need to be able to
> access my second apache locally by URL on my LAN (which I can map
> however I chose using my DNS config.)  I also need to be able to access
> this second apache from a remote site (assume gentoo again, for
> simplicity) over an SSL tunnel - even if the remote server already runs
> apache doing something else again.  It isn't acceptable for the second
> apache to be accessible publicly.
The easiest thing would probably be to just use ssh port forwarding because
you already have all the pieces running anyway. Wouldn't a simple

  ssh -L 12345:secondapache:https u...@remotessh

and the browsing to https://localhost:12345 do the trick? Or you could use a
pppd over ssh vpn, yes, but that is a bit more complex.

- Sascha