Hello,

Well after using kde4 for a month or so on a desktop (amd64)
today when I booted up the system, all the konsoles
were gone. I poked around the 'systems settings' but
did not see where/how you make whatever apps. you want
to be persistent (survive reboots). I'd like to recover
the old konsole settings and they each had  8 tabs
with custom titles and settings for each one, according to
my network management needs. I really do not want to go through
32 tabs and set them up again. It alway brought up the konsoles
the way I and them until today; and now they are gone. They are
not in any of the 4 default windows either.  (surely I messed
something up upon reboot?) Hopefully there is a way to find
them or get them to appear again?

I could have easily missed the docs or maybe it's elsewhere?
So any suggestions are welcome, particularly where
one can read about how to set and adjust the app. settings.
or a wiki or 2 on cool things you can do with the kde4 settings?
Being hardware oriented, I tend to be a little absent minded
about these sort of details.......

With the variety of settings under Udev, HAL, evdev, x11
the kernel and now kde4, I'm not real certain where to look
for hardware vs application settings for things like audio
settings, video io (2) chipsets, nvidia on mobo
and ATI cin pciE slot, types of issues. Seems some things
are in 3 or 4 plays to tweak or configure.....

Maybe some what to glean what udev, hal and the kernel are each
doing for a give piece of hardware, or the apps that configure
or control the hardware? (dreaming here for a logical, systematic
approach).......   Sometimes I miss the old 2.4 kernel
way of doing things......

Maybe I just need to spend a few days reading the latest docs?

James