Jason Carson wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I think I might know the problem. After doing some reading apparently many
> distrutions, including Gentoo, don't ship hostapd with support for the
> nl80211 driver. I checked the Gentoo tarball and this is the case. I tried
> editing the defconfig file in hostapd.tar.gz (enabling
> CONFIG_DRIVER_NL80211=y)but when I opened the tarball, edited it, and
> created a new tarball then tried to emerge it it gave me this...
>

> penguin distfiles # emerge hostapd
> Calculating dependencies... done!

> Refetching... File renamed to
> '/usr/portage/distfiles/hostapd-0.6.9.tar.gz._checksum_failure_.70f9W1'
>

> ...and then wanted to download hostapd again.
>
> Anyone know how I edit the source of the hostapd tarball so it will work?

What it is doing is correct.  The package has been changed and portage
doesn't know if you did it or some random hacker.  That said, man ebuild
and check out the manifest section.  I have never done this but maybe it
will make sense to you.

Also, I think emerge used to have the --digest option.  Basically it
tells emerge to skip checking the digest.  I didn't see it in the man
page so it may not be there anymore.

Dale

:-)  :-)