On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 02:53:52 -0500
Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > That's not quite correct: .py[co] are generated by emerge right after
> > package installaton and these won't come back unless you use these libs
> > as root, since python won't have write access to these paths and will
> > be byte-compiling each script on-the-fly.
>
> All the more reason for me to leave them alone then huh?  ;-)  We all
> know what happens to portage when python pukes up last weeks meal.  :/

Nah, you can't crash python by stealing it's bytecode, everything will
work, just won't have a nice warm-start.

Of course, that's not a good thing, so emerge compiles them on purpose,
and unless you really short on space or inodes there's not much point
in removing them.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net